So the past few weeks haven't been good ones. I may even have been feeling a little sorry for myself!! The same week that a new tumour was found in Mum, my Hubby decided to twist his ankle and fall over. His legs haven't been working much since then - such fun. No photos but I wanted to post today and not put it off, so I am going without.
However, on Sunday I had a revelation (my number 1) so here we go.
1) Having a working boiler (please don't let me have jinxed it). Last winter, in the old house the boiler wasn't working very well at all. All winter we lived with 2 little heaters and lots of blankets. Sunday night, I was feeling sorry for myself and it hit me - I was warm. It changed how I was feeling.
2) Nearly finishing my chunky blanket for H. It really needs to be about another 10 rows long, but we couldn't get him off the floor*, so he had to sleep there and I needed him to be warm. He hasn't taken it off since (he's not still on the floor) so I can't finish it but he tells me he loves how toasty it is (whoop).
3) Finding "Lucifer" on Amazon Prime. Erm, how did I miss series 1 & 2? How is the chap playing the lead the same chap who played Gary in Miranda?? My head can't quite get round it.
4) Walking Anni in the park. The walks haven't been as long as usual as I couldn't leave H but we got out and we met the other dog walkers and we just breathed.
5) After cough cough months in this new house, I am FINALLY getting round to sorting the craft room. So far, I have grabbed bits here and there as needed but the room is full of boxes. Today, I started sorting through the boxes and putting things away and binning other things. I will get it sorted this month and then onto bed 3 and the dining room - so I can pack up the kitchen. Oh yes, a new kitchen has been ordered!!!!
* sometimes when H's MS really kicks in his legs won't support him. At times like this, usually tied in with fatigue means that if he falls I am not strong enough to pick him up. He is unable to help me at all. But we know that, in the past, if he has a sleep for an hour or so, he will get a little bit of strength back and then between us we are able to get him up. So while we wait, I keep him warm with blankets.