Sunday 20 March 2016

Making me HAPPY this week

Wow, I haven't done one of these posts in ages.  Just goes to show what a funk I was in.

Making me happy this week;

1)  We've now been in the house for over a week now.  It feels a little weird.  Anni seems settled, indeed she drags us back to this house now when we take her for a walk.  I wouldn't yet call it home, but I suspect it may start to feel more like home when we finish decorating a room or two.

2)  Spending an hour in the garden in the sunshine today.  I may have only cut 3/4 of a Lavender back and pulled up a handful of weeds so far.  To sit on the step, talking to Dave, in the sunshine while we planned was just lovely.  So I need to order a white lavender and a French Lavender and buy and plant some Sweet Pea seeds to get us started.  Oooh I am so excited.

3) "Borrowing" ice from a neighbour.  Such a simple thing having access to ice but oh after a few weeks with no cold drinks, an easy happy :-)

4) Painting the glitter paint on my craft room ceiling - well half of the ceiling, and it looks pants and I need to buy  more paint to finish it and second coat it.  But what has been done is all my own work.

5)  My Mum being so strong.  We went wig shopping this week and she's shaved her hair so it's a little easier for her.  We went from someone who looked so sad waiting to try on wigs, my heart actually broke a little, to a woman with the biggest smile on her face when she found "the" one.  Love you Mum, you rock.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're getting there. I love lavender and with sweet peas too your garden is going to be so fragrant.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get more of the house done so I can spend guilt free time in the garden. x

      Delete