Tuesday 6 October 2015

Making Baby Blankets

I love crocheting blankets.  I may enjoy crocheting other things but since I love making blankets I haven't even tried much else.

H has 2 cousins who are/were expecting babies this year.  L had baby Charlie at the end of September.  He is such a cutie.  I don't usually pick bright colours but I was desperate to make him a rainbow blanket. 




I think I may have to buy more of the colours and make myself a version of it.  I absolutely love it.

Then M is expecting a little girl in November so I needed to make her a blanket too.  Now M isn't a girlie girl so the colours I picked originally, needed changing somewhat.  I decided to add a blue (I love blue) but all the way through I kept changing my mind whether I liked it or not.  Even now it has been gifted I am not convinced that I like it.  The original colours were the pale pink, purple and grey.  I then went back weeks later and got the blue and when I sat down knew it wasn't right so found the multi in my stash (I have a stash ;-) )








I have learnt a lesson.  Don't choose colours in 3 different sittings.  I wish I had chosen either a less bright blue (it's brighter in real life) or a silver grey.  These things are sent to try us.

Ironically M has decided that this baby is going to start life as a girlie girl and has embraced pink!!!!

What are you making at the moment?



4 comments:

  1. I'm sure both will be treasured for the love and thought which went into them.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful and will be treasured by the recipients I am sure! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies, I still love making blankets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely lovely, especially the rainbow blanket, fab colour choices.

    ReplyDelete