Thursday 16 July 2015

Birthday Traditions

Don't worry it's not my Birthday - yet.  H nearly had a heart attack tonight when I reminded him that I was going out tomorrow for a meal, he thought he'd forgotten my Birthday.  You wouldn't think we've been married for 18 years would you!!!!  Though I am celebrating with the ladies tomorrow and then with the H on my actual Birthday next week.

For the past X years we have spent my Birthday in Molyvos (on the Greek island of Lesvos).  I loved it.  I'd get up, eat breakfast, sunbathe (in the shade!), swim, eat banana ice cream (the best kind) and then go out for dinner and cocktails.  What more could a girl ask for - don't say presents as H forgot to take them last year (for my 40th too!!!!!! - don't worry he survived as luckily for him I had bought myself a Cath Kidston bag from him and he'd let me have it early, phew).

This year I am all adrift.  I am aware that if it wasn't for MS we'd be either have been in Molyvos a week or would be flying this Saturday :-(  Our friends fly on Saturday too (double :-( )

Anyway, I need new Birthday traditions, NEED them I tell you but I don't have any idea what to do.  I have bought myself a small box of coco pops to have for Breakfast and now I am stumped.

Please send me ideas for new traditions, don't let a lonely box of coco pops be it...........

4 comments:

  1. Well I always think that cake for breakfast is good for a birthday! How about that? And a big bunch of helium balloons and as you are at home a massive bunch of flowers that you can spread all over the house! What about that! I hope that you have a great time whatever you do and whatever your new traditions turn out to be! Happy Birthday in advance!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cake for breakfast - Mmm that may work!

      Delete
  2. It's got to be breakfast in bed with a bit of a lie in and a read of a good book then you need to have something to look forward to later on in the day so how about a pub lunch or an evening meal out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. H has taken the day off of work and we are going out for lunch - I always look at the list of puddings before I decide on a main course!

      Delete