Wednesday 4 March 2015

New Beginnings

Well the time has come.  Hubby has FINALLY got a delivery date for his new meds.  We have waited a long time to get approved for these meds, and it's taken over a month for the paperwork to be done so we should get a delivery on Friday.  Now, there are a lot of potential side effects for H but we hope, we so hope that the benefits will far outweigh them.  These meds have a 50% chance of modifying the lesions in his brain and spine, shrinking them which is turn improves his general health and makes the chances of a relapse so much smaller.

When you live with MS, you have a constant worry that something will go wrong.  A leg will grow wobbly and he'll fall over, his fatigue will mean he's not capable of driving to work, he'll grow wobbly at the top of the stairs, that he is so tired he is incapable of making a simple decision.  I find it exhausting to always be on the go to make the choices to keep things safe for him.  So I am so hopeful that it will take away some of my worry so that I can focus on myself a little - that'd be so good!!

On another note, I walked Anni in the woods today and it was actually sunny and not so cold (well when I was hiding in a hollow!)  She does love to chase sticks - where do dogs get that from?  We never gave her sticks as a puppy, yet when she grew up a little she started to search them out.


C'mon throw me more sticks, I need sticks.




I love the old trees, all those odd limbs, reaching for the skies.






4 comments:

  1. I hope the new meds will improve things for you both, I can imagine the constant worry so let's hope that they'll have a positive effect so you can relax a little. It looks like Anni enjoyed her walk in the woods. Archie doesn't have any interest in sticks nor balls or anything else he has to chase, he's such a lazy dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anni LOVES to chase things - though I think she enjoys the "game" of not giving them back even more!!!

      Delete
  2. I really hope that all goes well and that there is a great improvement! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too and I also hope that he doesn't get any/too many of the nasty side effects. The meds can do mean things to his tummy, so I have been dispatched to the supermarket to buy lots of "approved" food that should help settle things down (finger's crossed).

      Delete