Thursday 12 February 2015

The Full Monty

I went to the theatre on Tuesday night to see "The Full Monty".  My Mum and I met my s-i-l and her friend in a nearby Weatherspoons for tea and a glass or 2 of wine before the show.  I mean you can't beat a steak dinner with a glass of wine for under £6.

The show itself wasn't something I would have chosen if I'm honest.  My s-i-l fancied it and I fancied a night out with her and my Mum.  Would you be surprised if I told you that 95% of the audience were women? :-)

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it.  I may have been a little afraid at times of the baying crowd "encouraging" the full monty......  and I know I could never sit in a nightclub watching the real thing.

If you are going to see it, watch carefully for the very last thing that happens before the break - my Mum nearly missed it whilst I was laughing myself silly.........

I would recommend it, if you liked the film you'll like the show - even in Gary Lucy's (who plays Gav) Yorkshire accent is REALLY annoying.


No comments:

Post a Comment