Friday 16 January 2015

Penny Saving Challange

Hello,

Hubby has gotten in the hire car and has happily driven to work and back for the past 2 days - hooray.  I didn't want him to quit due to an accident so am glad he hasn't given in.

I was blog hopping today when I came across a new Challenge that Hubby and I have decided to join in.  You are meant to save a penny on day one, 2p on day two, 3p on day three etc for a year and at the end you will have saved just under £668.

H and I have decided that we are going to do it a little different.  We only started tonight (so had 16 days to catch up on), so we went through our pockets and hunted through the house and picked a random amount for the past 16 days.  Indeed, we have already paid in the £3.65, I thought that we should save the larger amounts closer to pay day!!!!  I've run out of change now so heaven only knows what will be put in this weekend :-)

I'll add photos of the chart tomorrow as the camera need charging.

4 comments:

  1. I've just been catching up on your posts, it looks like a pretty bad accident. Glad that your hubby is driving again, it would have put me off too as I don't like driving at the best of times. I love the cake you made for your dad, I think it looks brilliant, you're being a bit hard on yourself. Your sister in law's blanket is fabulous, I'm looking forward to hearing more about the blanket you're making for yourself as I'm just about to embark on a new one too, though I'm not quite sure what yet. I think the penny saving challenge is brilliant, what a great way to save up a few hundred pounds. You'll be able to treat yourself at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My blanket is not going so well. I discovered that I have been doing trebles incorrectly all this time, so I started off in the correct way but I seem to be gaining stitches each row and I am not sure where I am going wrong. Putting me off a little which is so frustrating as have wanted to make myself a blanket for ages. Still I'll try and keep going and hope to fudge it. I just hate not knowing what I'm doing wrong. Not sure if we'll manage the saving up but whatever happens, there will be a whoop at the end.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for popping by and leaving me a message so I knew you had visited. I am so sorry to see your husband had an accident, it must have shaken him but I'm glad he has driven again since.
    I like the sound of your saving challenge, even it you didn't manage the whole thing a bit here and there would make a nice little bundle of cash for that difficult month of December. Good luck.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I think Lisa. At some stage , Hubby will have to give up work and I worry about how we'll cope when he does, as I may have to become his official carer and unable to work. I thought this might get us into a good habit and even if we can only save 10p a day it'll all add up. Love you blog.

      Delete