Wednesday 20 August 2014

Inspiration

I go through phases of 'having' to craft and then not touching it for a while.  My crafting ranges from card making to knitting and just lately I am learning to crochet.  Now I love plain and simple knitting as I can do it in front of the TV whilst watching a programme.  Crochet I need to concentrate on and can't focus on the TV at the same time - maybe in time I will, but at the moment I still sit with my tongue stuck out - truly it helps!!!!!!  (thankfully I keep the camera near me so H can't capture the moment).

I have gotten into a bit of a rut with crochet.  I did a little on holiday but I hadn't really managed to find the enjoyment in it that I should have been feeling, so I put it aside and every time I walked past the bag of my crochet I glanced at it sadly but kept walking.

At the same time, I love reading blogs about crochet (and knitting) and I read them with gusto.  I can't get enough of them, and look at what is being made with jealousy, thinking, Oh I couldn't possibly make that.  But maybe one day I will!!!!  My main goal is to make a ripple blanket ala Lucy at attic 24.

Then this week I found a new blog, one that hadn't appeared on any of my Google searches, and it made me pick up my crochet hook (like I only own one!!!!!!!).  I was inspired by the blankets that Birgitte has made for her family.  Indeed, I may have added another one to the list of what I NEED to make.  So if you haven't found her blog yet, pop across and say hi handmadeandoffcentered .

The blanket I started ages ago but only picked up again this week currently looks like this,






and I'm loving working on it - yeehay.













No comments:

Post a Comment