Friday 4 July 2014

Wicked

Oh my.  Oh my.  Talk about FANTASTIC.

I was a little nervous as I sat on the bus into Leeds (listening to Wicked on my phone).  What if it was rubbish and didn't live up to my expectations.  I love the soundtrack so was a little worried.

I need not have worried.  Oh WOW.  Absolutely amazing.  To be fair, my favourite song was not sung as well as the CD but I am willing to overlook this.  Cd's can have many takes but the emotion on the stage is unparallelled.

I have listened to the Cd for over a year and I love it.  From the very beginning when Gerlinda (excuse the spelling) looked so sad that Elphaba was dead I was blown away.  Cd's do not do it justice.

The acting, costumes, singing (mostly), acting was mind blowing.  I can not recommend it enough.

I am already working on my Mum to go and see if when it is next up North or we are in London - anyone want to come with??????  I could watch this every day and never get bored!!!

(Trying to be cryptic enough not to spoil it for anyone who is waiting to see it).  The last act before the interval - WOW.

PS Tour De France fever is hitting Yorkshire this weekend.  Go Froomes.




2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed the show! It sounds like it was worth every penny (pence?). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristie it was worth every penny. I may have even convinced my Mum to go with me next time. Have you seen it?

    ReplyDelete