Sunday 23 February 2014

Things making me HAPPY this week

I don't seem to have done so much this past week.  It's been one of those weeks that you look back and think what exactly did I do!!  Hubby is still off ill.  I am so ready for him to go back to work but I suspect we'll have another week to go, at least.  We are waiting to hear from a scheme to see if they will pay for him to take taxis to work for a little while to make his life easier.  It will definitely enable him to go back to work sooner if he doesn't have to drive there and back every day.  Still we'll have to wait and see.

Making me smile over the past week;

1) De-cluttering.  The Charity Shop was very happy to receive these board games this week.  I couldn't believe the smile on the lady's face when we walked in with the games below.  I need to de-clutter so we can get the house on the market.  I am such a hoarder unfortunately!





2) Knitting.  This is the new lap blanket for Hubby which I started a week ago.  Maybe this explains where my week has gone to..............  am happy with it so far and I think Hubby will be happy when he can wrap up in this when in his wheelie.



3) Baking.  I resisted and resisted and then randomly bought some double cream and didn't know what to do with it.  So I made a Victoria Sponge and also melted some chocolate and added mini marshmallows and rice krispies and made little chocolatey things to put on top.  Not sure which Hubby enjoyed more - the cake or the chocolatey things!!!!



4) Christening one of D's Christmas presents.   My friend L picked these up in New York when she had her Birthday trip last year.  Can you tell what it is?  It's a giant ice sphere.  Kept my Bacardi cold for a long time...........  think that gift is a stayer!






5) Seeing a surprise rainbow on my walk home from seeing the In-laws.  Can you see it?  I was tempted to go and find the end of it - but it was WAY too cold.




No comments:

Post a Comment