Sunday 8 September 2013

Making me HAPPY this week

My hubby says that I don't always look on the bright side of life so earlier this year I decided that once a week I would take time and remember what had made me happy that week.  I did it for months, writing it down in a gorgeous little book (i LOVE stationary).  But then I didn't.  I reckon that from now on my Sunday posts will be my 'making me happy this week" ones.

Making me happy this week;

1) Baking.  I wanted to make my friend N a cake for her 40th.  I was awake in the early hours one day when inspiration hit and here it is.  Can you tell what the surprise element is?

Happy 40th N.
 How about now?
Rainbow cake.
I actually ended up baking 6 cakes.  The first 2 layers (purple and pink) were just cake coloured so I decided to keep going.

2) Anni.  How can anyone not be happy when you have a dog?

Anni
Photo taken the first week we got her.  She is rather bigger now.

3) Planning a trip to see......

Lady Liberty
The hubby and I and N hope to book a holiday to NY in 2014 - if we can get a good deal.

4) This fella - always makes me smile (drives me potty too!)

My lovely hubby - you had to be there!


 5) Getting to see my in-law's wedding photos (no pics).  It reminded me of a happy day, already 6 months in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment